The Harbor Springs Library Digital Collection on Libby by OverDrive
Libby is a new app from OverDrive that makes borrowing and reading digital books from our Up North Digital Collection library consortium easier for patrons. The app is available for free from the App Store, Google Play, and Microsoft.
Libby can be used either an addition to or a replacement for any current OverDrive app. Any eBooks you check out in OverDrive will also appear in your Libby app and vice versa.
Benefits to switching to Libby
- You won’t have to log in every time you use OverDrive
- You can read your OverDrive eBooks in the Libby app or transfer them to a Kindle device
- In Libby, you can adjust the Reading Settings to change the text size and lighting
- Users can choose different book designs, such as OpenDyslexic, making it easier for patrons with dyslexia to read
- You can use the app with multiple library cards and multiple library systems
How to borrow eBooks and audiobooks from Libby
The Harbor Springs Library offers free and instant access to over 22,000 eBooks and audiobooks through OverDrive with your library card.
- Install the Libby app on your device and open the app.
- Tap Hi, then scroll down to Find My Library.
- Select Harbor Springs Library (Up North Michigan Consortium)
- You will be asked if you have a library card. Select Yes.
- Select Harbor Springs Library scrolling list and sign in with your user name (your patron account number, this is the same P-number you use for MeLCat) and your password is the phone number that we have associated with your account. Please call 526-2531 if you need either of these numbers.
Books may be downloaded to your device for two weeks after which they will automatically be returned from your shelf. You may check out up to 5 books and place up to 5 holds at one time per card. For more information, call us at 526-2531 or visit www.help.libbyapp.com
Explore Popular Collections for ideas, or Search the catalog… for something specific.
You can search for All Formats, Books, or Audiobooks in Collections
If a book is unavailable, you can tap Place a Hold to be put on a waitlist.
To search only for books that are presently available, tap Refine and Hide unavailable titles.
When you find a book you’d like to borrow, tap Borrow and you’ll be able to find it in your Shelf.
From your Shelf page, you can Open Book, under Actions, you can Renew Loan (as long as another patron hasn’t placed a hold on it), or Return Title to Library, or Send to Device.
Tap to Switch Library, Add Library Cards, or adjust Download Settings and Device Preferences. There is also a page called Hold Notifications where you’ll enter your email address for delivery of hold notices.
We're excited to offer this service to the patrons of the Harbor Springs Library and thank all of our donors for making this possible.